Sunday 16 July 2017

CCT - Colours ....

..... Good afternoon! I'm a bit late with my post for our new colour challenge over at Christmas Card Throwdown - CCT14. We've gone just a bit mad with our colours this time - we want to see a

RAINBOW

You have to use at least 5 colours, but you can go crazy and use all seven if you want. I've kept mine very clean and simple and gone for five colours. I actually made two cards:



Stamps: Uniko - Stunning Snowflakes, Simply Said II, Most Wonderful
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Distress Oxide: Candied Apple, Spiced Marmalade, Lucky Clover, Salty Ocean, Wilted Violet, Fired Brick, Fossilized Amber, Peeled Paint, Faded Jeans, Seedless Preserves
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up Card - Basic Black; Gems



I decided to keep these cards ultra clean and simple and just allow the rainbow colours to be the star of the show. The top card is the brights and the bottom is the more muted colours. In order to make sure the snowflakes all lined up accurately I used my MISTI. I layered the finished panels on black card and then adhered them to the card base. I finished the front with a very simple Christmas sentiment. I decided to add some sparkle with tiny little gems in the centre of each snowflake. On the inside of each card I cut a mat layer of black card, and on the white panels I stamped a greeting in black and added some more colourful snowflakes around the words.

Season's Greetings inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsSeason's Greetings2 inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

There are a couple of Christmas in July challenges around at the moment, so I'm submitting these cards to them. The first is Merry Monday where we can catch up with any previous challenge and I've based the cards on MM#233 where we had to use 5 of somethings. The second is CAS-ual Friday Challenge - CFC#178.


Do visit Christmas Card Throwdown to see more inspirational cards from the rest of the Design Team - we have all gone for totally different looks! You've got slightly longer than usual to join in with this challenge. You have until midnight (BST) Friday 4th August (that's 7.00pm EDT) to play along. That's all for now, see you soon.

signature

7 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your colorful row of snowflakes, Deborah!!

Zvonka said...

What an elegant CAS cards. So beautiful. Hugs.

Fabiola said...

des flocons aux couleurs de l'arc en ciel! c'est une merveilleuse idée, j'adore Deborah, biz

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Gosh these are - "simply" Beautiful, love the coloured snowflakes.
Faith
x

Michelle W said...

Beautiful CAS Christmas cards! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays.

AlisonC said...

I can see the Misti would be really useful for lining these up. I like things too be just right!
Beautiful CAS card and gorgeous snowflake.

Irit Shalom said...

Love your rainbow cards a lot! Good luck with our CAS-ual Fridays challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...