Saturday 1 July 2017

CCT - Sketch ....

.... Morning! Time is marching on and it's brings us to our new challenge at Christmas Card Throwdown - CCT13. We're have a sketch for you to use for the next couple of weeks. I've made an, almost, one layer card:

Warm Winter Wishes - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Stunning Snowflakes
Inks: Distress - Blueprint Sketch, Shaded Lilac; Kaleidacolor - Blue Breeze; Stampin' Up! - Soft Sky
Dies: Die-namics - Fishtail Flags Stax #2, Fishtail Flags Layers Stax #2
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Shimmer Spritz


I started by stamping the three large snowflakes in a bold blue diagonally across the page. Then I used the tiny snowflake and randomly stamped it all over the card background using a mixture of different shades of blue. I created the mat flag by rubbing the blueprint sketch ink over some white card; once it was dried I die cut the fishtail flag. I stamped the greeting on white card and die cut it with the layering die. Before adhering the greeting to the card, I spritzed it all over with some frost shimmer spritz - it's dazzling in the sunlight. On the inside I simply stamped a greeting and added a few more snowflakes.

Warm Winter Wishes inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsWarm Winter Wishes sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I'm submitting this card to the current challenge at TIME OUT challenges - TOC#86 where the theme is Celebrations with the optional twist of a one-layer card. I almost managed the OLC!! Do visit our blog to see more inspiration challenges from the rest of the team. You have plenty of time to play along, deadline for submission is midnight (BST) Friday 14th July, that's 7.00pm EDT. Have fun!

signature

6 comments:

Paper Lily Leaf said...

Such a stylish card, Deborah! Love those snowflakes Xx

Fabiola said...

Elle est superbe et très élégante ta carte Deborah, biz

shona.chambers@orcon.net.nz said...

Blue and white for a wintery or Christmas card is my favourite colour combo. It looks so crisp and stylish and really captures the cold with the blue. Its a fantastic design and I would say its one-layer, with a sentiment embellishment! Always lovely to see you at TIME OUT Deborah!!

sandie said...

Love the different blues you have used and love it is almost one layer! Thanks for joining Time Out Challenges

Andreja said...

You made such a beautiful card and I like how you take our sketch :-))
Hugs, Andreja

AlisonC said...

What pretty snowflakes and lovely colours too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...