Friday 8 December 2017

Uniko Challenge Reminder - Christmas ....

..... Hello and good morning! According to the United States Postal Service the last posting date for Christmas first class to Europe and the UK was yesterday - 7th December!!!  Good thing I made this card a while ago and it's in the post then :) I'm here this morning with a reminder card for our current challenge at Uniko - US#44 - we want to see Christmas cards.

Rejoice - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Peace on Earth, Most Wonderful, Festive Sentiments, Reach for the Stars
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Gina K - Black Onyx, Christmas Pine; Delicata -Silvery Shimmer
Dies: Die-namics - Pierced Ovals #3, Cross Stitched Oval Stax #4
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card -Smoky Slate; Copics; Wink of Stella - Clear; Clear Embossing Powder


I kept this card really simple to focus on the pretty dove. I die cut white card to create the oval frame and adhered it flat to the card base. I added lots of sparkles all over it with a clear Wink of Stella brush. I stamped the dove on white card with a pale grey ink, coloured it with Copics, put it back in the MISTI and restamped in Versafine and heat embossed with clear powder. I carefully cut out the dove. I stamped the leaf on the white oval and adhered the dove on top, I used some dimensional pads on the wings to give the bird some real dimension. I adhered the oval to the card with dimensional tape. On the inside, I cut a mat layer of pale grey card and added a greeting and some stars to the white panel.

Rejoice inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsRejoice sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I based the layout of this card on a sketch from Christmas Card Throwdown - CCT#21.

Don't forget to visit the Uniko blog to see more inspiration projects from the rest of the design team. That's all from me for now. Bye!

signature

4 comments:

Sazzle Dazzle said...

So pretty, serene and elegant Debs. I always forget about this set ... really must dust it down some more. Hugs x

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE your shading on the dove! Beautiful card! Merry Christmas, Deb!

Izzy Scrap said...

Absolutely beautiful card Deborah ! So peaceful with all this wide white space and this lovely image ! Love how you gave dimension to the wings ! And as always, as beautiful inside as outside ! Fabulous ! Hugs xx

Lindsey said...

I love this dove set - so elegant for Xmas x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...